LightMachinery has created a set of free cloud based optical design tools that range from simple calculators to sophisticated design software. Enjoy!
Optical Design Tools
- Etalon Designer -One of our most popular and useful design tools, provides a close approximation to the performance you can expect from our Fabry Perot Etalon
- Lens Design Cloud
- Thin Film Cloud -This thin film coating design software is becoming very powerful with very fast optimization. Keep checking back for further enhancements
More Optical Design Tools
- Dual Etalon Designer -For when etalons don't quite cut it
- Etalon Tuning -How fast will my etalon peaks move with temperature? Also a useful chart view of material parameters.
- Fizeau Wedge Designer -A simple wedge interferometer, adjust the parameters and observe the expected output
- Frequency Conversion -Conversion for the various units of wavelength, frequency and energy
- Fresnel Rhombs -An unusual polarization component, the Fresnel Rhomb can act like a waveplate but works without birefingent materials.
- Gaussian Beam Propagation -Gaussian beam propagation through lens systems, this is a very useful and versatile tool for designing laser beam delivery systems
- Grating Spectrometers -LightMachinery does not manufacture grating based spectrometers but we thought this would be interesting to add so that performance can be compared to VIPA and etalon based spectrometers.
- Laser Beam Shaper -Design an aspheric surface to modify a gaussian beam into a top hat beam
- Laser Resonators -Adjust resonator parameters to determine mode size and stability
- Index & Reflection -A summary of material properties, index and Fresnel reflection at various angles
- Percent vs dB -Convert Percentage to dB (power or amplitude)
- Prism Designer
- Simple Lens Designer -A think lens simulation gives a very nice approximation to actual lens performance at low angles
- VIPA Designer -VIPA etalons are becoming the new standard for hyperfine spectral analysis. This design tool allows users to investigate the properties of VIPA's (read the user's guide as well)
-We have collected information from our own staff of experts and also bookmarked information on the web that is reliable and we can use on a daily basis.
Optical Design Center - User's Guides
-These are more than just instructions on our calculators, we have attempted to make useful guides to the design of these optical elements
- Optical Design Center - User's Guides -These are more than just instructions on our calculators, we have attempted to make useful guides to the design of these optical elements
Old Optics Calculators
Let us know if you have any suggestions for improvements