The IMPACT 2000 series of lasers all incorporate high reliability SSM switch technology as well gas filtering systems to ensure very high uptimes and low maintenance even at continuous 75W power delivery 24/7.
Megawatt peak powers give excellent edge-definition in non-metallic materials
Greatly reduced heat-affected-zone (HAZ) compared to conventional CO2 lasers
A cost-effective alternative to excimer lasers for many processes
- Drilling, patterning and ablation of non-metallic materials
- Selective removal of polymer materials from a metal substrate with no damage to the metallic backing
- Wire stripping
- Medical device components
- Drilling of controlled-release and rapid-release pharmaceutical tablets and capsules
- Microvia-hole drilling in printed circuits
- Flex-circuit processing
- Laser ultrasound non-destructive testing
The Impact-2000 Series lasers are ideally suited for the selective removal or machining of non-metallic layers deposited on a metallic under-layer. Unlike conventional CO2 lasers, the short pulses and high peak powers of TEA CO2 lasers enable the surface layer to be removed (“ablated”) with little or no effect on the underlying metal substrate, and with minimal thermal damage (“heat-affectedzone” or “HAZ”) to the surrounding polymer material.
Download the IMPACT 2000 Datasheet
Short Pulse TEA CO2 Technology