We are hiring!
These are our active openings. Don't see a good fit for you? Just send us a general application. We have jobs we know we need to fill that haven't been posted yet. So there is no harm in letting us know about you and what you have to offer.
This is an entry-level permanent full-time position at our Nepean Ontario facility.
In many ways, optical fabrication is like machining. Working from engineering designs, you will learn to shape, grind, and polish raw glass and crystal to extremely tight tolerances. You will use a variety of test equipment to gauge your progress and verify finished work.
You will work closely with our team of senior opticians, machinists, engineers, and scientists to ensure projects are completed to the customer’s specifications in a timely manner.
Since we make custom optics, the work tends to be quite varied, so you will have a chance to do a range of tasks on a day to day basis.
- Some experience with machining
- Completion of a manufacturing technician program at the college level.
- Solid applied math skills.
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
- Excellent attitude, sense of humour, and personality. We have to work with you - so this is key.
- A genuine interest in this kind of work.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
See the bottom of this page for applications instructions
Here are some links to some other sites that might be of interest to optics and laser job seekers.
LightMachinery welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.