LightMachinery is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak.
LightMachinery has no operations outside of Canada.
Our ability to answer phone calls is not good at this time. Email is the best way to reach us. If you don't have an email on file for us, use the form on our website.
We have a significant number of customers in the medical device manufacturing industry and we recognize our responsibility to support them as they respond to unprecedented demand for their products.
There are currently confirmed cases of COVID 19 in the Ottawa area and a large number of confirmed cases in the province of Ontario. We intend to follow the guidance of the local and provincial health authorities for any further action. Vaccination levels among our staff are extremely high (just shy of 100%). Vaccination levels in our city exceed 75% and are expected to reach the 85% mark.
Here is a summary of the measures we have taken to ensure the safety of our staff
- We have cancelled all business travel and we are rescheduling visits to our facility for customers or suppliers.
- As our vaccination levels are high, we have resumed some in-person internal meetings
- We have reinforced our existing policy about staff staying at home when they are sick. The policy has been extended to cover staff who have sick family members. As a result, our productivity is expected to be reduced. We are monitoring that closely and will contact customers individually as required. We provide staff with six weeks of paid leave per year.
- We are aggressively enforcing our masking and distancing policy. Staff have been moved from shared offices into conference rooms to reduce the density of people per room.
- HEPA filters have been installed throughout our facility.
- CO2 monitors are installed to gauge the effectiveness of our ventilation systems.
(Updated 13 August 2021)